Life is full of transition.
Transition can be really hard.
How do we come through it all with our heads held high
and with the ability to move forward?
You can do it.
I’ve been through a lot of changes in my life. A lot of people have come in and out of the picture. I’ve had a few jobs and am now self-employed. I moved across country, when I was young, with my parents and recently moved to a new city after my divorce. I understand what it’s like because I’ve lived it.
This past Friday, I took a painting class with a handful of my girlfriends at Noelle Rollins Art Studio. Noelle is an incredible artist and instructor. The painting we did was the image shown here, entitled Crossroads. The left side represents the past chaos and the right side represents the sense of calm I want to feel as I move through the transitions in my life. It was a lot of fun painting this image and part of my healing journey. Of course, healing takes a bit more than one painting.
“You are strong enough to get through anything life throws at you.” – Michele Bergh Click Here to Tweet
Here are some tips for moving through transition gracefully:
- Set an intention. How do you want the process to go? What is the most important thing to you?
- Stay present. Don’t spend your time focusing on the shoulda, woulda, coulda’s or worrying about the future. All you have is today. Make the most of it.
- Stay grounded. Eat right. Move your body. Take care of business.
- Focus on the positive. What’s working well in your life? Some days that might simply be that you got out of bed. Whatever it looks like, celebrate it.
- Ask for help. There is no shame in needing help. People love to provide support.
- Breathe. A few deep breaths can do wonders for any stress you are experiencing.
- Trust that you can get through this. Because you absolutely can! I just know it.
Transition can be an opportunity to re-define your life…to discover what’s truly important and to really notice what works well for you. Ready to live your strongest life? Click here.