This was created as a part of Louise Gale’s monthly color challenge series. I was none too happy about the color this month as it is not a color I like at all. I decided I was, indeed, up for the challenge. I sat down and started thinking about all the things the color brought to my mind. At first, I was completely lost and nothing was coming to my mind and I was beginning to have second doubt about my commitment.
Perseverance paid off and ideas begin to flow. I started searching on the internet and found a cool pillow that had a pattern in it. I found flowers and bees and lots of clothes (that wouldn’t look good on me – yellow is NOT my color). Then I thought of the dandelion. The cute little flower that nobody wants in their yard but is actually a sweet and pretty flower that children of all ages like to pick and put in their hair or share with a loved one. Here are a few interesting superstitions about dandelions:
- Blow all the seeds off in one puff, your wish will come true.
- The seeds being blown away can carry a message to someone.
- If you sniff a dandelion and your nose turns yellow, someone is in love with you.
- A couple of dandelions in a wedding bouquet will bring prosperity to the marriage.
- It’s good luck to wear a dandelion chain if you made it yourself, but not if someone gave it to you.
- It’s bad luck to pick dandelions in a cemetery and even worse luck to bring them home afterwards or give them away.
Here is my final artwork…