You only have control over three things in your life — the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take (your behavior). How you use these three things determines everything you experience. If you don’t like what you are producing and experiencing, you have to change your responses. ~ Jack Canfield
I’m a big fan of Jack Canfield’s book, The Success Principles(TM). It is full of really powerful thoughts on what it takes to get where you want to go. While they are all great and the book is well worth the read, I thought I’d share my five “favs” today.
- Take 100% Responsibility for Your Life. This means no blaming + no excuses. It means changing how you behave if you don’t like the results you’re getting. It also means you stop complaining. Your life is what it is because of choices you’ve made, thoughts you’ve had, beliefs you carry…and only you can change it.
- Believe it’s Possible. Let’s face it. If you don’t believe what you want is possible, you’ll never get there.
- Experience Your Fear and Take Action Anyway. Fear doesn’t ever go away. The only thing that matters is what you do when you feel the fear. Do you allow it to stop you in your tracks or do you take a risk and move forward? You’ve got to be willing to keep moving.
- Practice Persistence. 99% of people who are successful achieve their success right after a big failure. Don’t give up.
- Practice the Rule of 5. Identify the five things that will move you closer to your goal and keep doing them. The example Jack shares is one about a tree. If your goal is to chop down the tree and every day you swing an ax at the tree 5 times, eventually you’ll chop it down.
“Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” – Richard Bach I believe I can win! – Click to Tweet
Share some of your favorite tips for success below. I’d love to hear them!